Senior Business Designer
Human-centered design and business model innovation.
- Global accelerator launch with covid reconfiguration
- Customer insights and concept validation
- Client team guide and innovation vision setting
- Design thinking co-creation for empathy innovation
New York, NY
Enterprise digital strategy and business transformation.
- Experiential retail focused on digital transformation
- Acquisition repositioning and change management framework
- Concept validation and business model revision
- Concept development for the store of the future at scale
New York, NY
Innovation strategy focused on ideation and co-creation.
- Functional beverage concept development and validation
- Consumer product positioning innovation and brand extension
- Pharmaceutical research and ideation co-creation
- Loyalty program value proposition revolution and launch
Gerod Rody Consulting
New York, NY
Marketing and strategy support focused on public good.
- Private-public energy partnership positioning and messaging
- Educational program positioning and messaging
- Public education campaign development
Director of Marketing
Ethical leadership oriented niche university with sustainable MBA, organizational leadership MA, business skill continuing education, and other programs.
- Re-crafted marketing strategy to content grounded stakeholder advocacy
- Retooled professional development into a branded multi-certificate program
- Merged two communications departments into one after an acquisition.
- Directed the launch of Pinchot as “a university for the common good” including positioning and name change, collateral design and production, roll-out messaging and implementation, advertising and community activation.
*Pinchot has since merged with Presidio Graduate School
MBA in Sustainable Business
Bainbridge Island, WA
Bainbridge Graduate Institute*
First sustainable business program in the country to offer an MBA, launched by Gifford Pinchot III and his wife, both noted innovation consultants coining the term Intrapreneurship.
- Entrepreneurial innovation
- Triple-bottom-line management
- Interpersonal leadership
- Community Econ Development
- Capstone entrepreneurship project planned the launch and scaling approach for urban farming. It remaining active as Green City Growers
- Student representative to the Presidential Transition Task Force
- Student Lead for the Industry Concentrations program
*BGI has since merged with Presidio Graduate School
BA in International Studies
PAC 1o state university with many top programs including mine.
- Thesis: Housing, Immigration, and National Identity in Sweden
- Focused on international systems and business in small nations
- Swedish language
- Architectural history
- Study abroad 1: Stockholm, Sweden in a high-profile immersive collaboration between UW, Stockholm University, and the Svenska Institutet
- Study abroad 2: Reykjavik, Iceland as part of an international summit on ‘Small States and European Integration’ by the EU and Icelandic government
- Member of the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity. Served as Social Chair and representative to the Inter-fraternity Council.
- Treasurer of the Swedish Club
- Member of the American Institute of Architecture Students
- Member of the Swedish American Chamber of Commerce
- Baritone with the elite Chamber Singers choir
- Volunteer with the Foundation for International Understanding Through Students (FIUTS)
- Innovation Horizon Planning
- Human-centered Design
- Innovation Strategy
- Business Design
- Service Design
- Digital Transformation
- Customer Empathy
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Team Leadership
- Diversity & Inclusion
Far out and pragmatically disruptive vision
Taking initiative to start with the goal in mind
Mind melding with collaborators and stakeholders
Systems thinking applied to the high level and the details
Marking milestones to celebrate indicators of success
Envisioned, built, and led the first and only nonprofit to bridge the LGBTQ community and sustainability values. The organization’s focus is on education and advocacy supported by a network of thousands with international reach. By sparking this movement, I helped folks of all walks to spark and pursue passion for social and environmental justice. With over a hundred events hosted around the country (including several groundbreaking Fab Planet conferences), dozens of articles published, and more than 5,000 volunteers and participants engaged, I’m excited to see the organization continue to work with the climate crisis, activism empowerment, and identity ignition.
Member of the fellowship program’s first Pacific Northwest cohort, with immersion in diversity, systems thinking, and strengths-based leadership.
Inaugural member of the nonprofit leading efforts to build a viable concept and model for an LGBTQ community center, nonprofit co-working space, cultural space, interactive educational exhibit host, and possible elder housing.